I’m a formally trained Intermediate .NET and Java Developer. With a recent focus on Azure, .NET and SharePoint development, my greatest skills revolve around the Microsoft eco-system including all things Azure. I seek to further refine my Web Application/API development and front-end Web dev skills. I am also keenly interested in Android development, whether native or cross-platform.
My ambition and objective is to fully flesh out my technical skills. I believe that my previous business experience and love of & aptitude in software development has set me up for a bright future within these fields.
I write code clearly and concisely, listen attentively and speak effectively.
I have a keen ability to identify problems as well as key requirements, which allow me to provide accurate estimations, and in turn design and deliver well built software, workflows, processes and solutions.
I am accoutable, confident in my skills and take responsibility for my actions.
I work well with others and confidently motivate and coach others to meet group and team goals while also enjoying ourselves.
A brief history
I left my previous Data Analysis and Process Improvement career in 2014 to study development full-time. Since graduation in 2016 I’ve run my own business (which ultimately failed) and have entered the professional work-force with a SharePoint consultancy in Christchurch.
I’ve worked in both the private and public sectors, for large New Zealand companies such as Christchurch Casinos, Kathmandu and Transpower as well as small team environments.
Projects have been successfully delivered for well-known companies including AsureQuality, Ballantynes, Fulton Hogan, Jade Software, MainPower, Ravensdown, Scenic Hotel Group, Trojan Holdings and Zespri.
HTML5, CSS3, Frameworks
- Bootstrap 3 and 4
- Microsoft Office Fabric UI
- Sharepoint Framework (SPFx)
- Website development
- Google Charts
- Google Geocoding Services
Microsoft C# and .NET Framework 4.5/Core
- ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC, Razor View Engine
- ASP.NET Web API
- Azure Functions and Azure deployment/publishing
- Design Patterns
- Unit of Work
- Entity Framework
- LINQ to Entities
- NuGet Package Manager
- Unit Testing
- Desktop Application development
- Native Android App development with Android Studio
- API and Azure Function end-point consumption
- Authentication (from SharePoint and Azure Active Directory)
- Custom Connectors
- Custom Connections (from Azure Functions)
- PowerApp development
- Application Insights
- Active Directory
- App Service
- Blob Storage
- Configured with FTP
- Daily backups
- Deployment Slots
- Agile Methodology
- Sprints, Teams, and Work Items
- Source Control
- Build Pipelines
- npm Registry override
- Artifact publishing to Blob Storage
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Integration
- Identity and Roles based authentication
- Microsoft Identity API
- Key Vault integrations
- Logic Apps
- On demand elastic scaling
- SendGrid email integration
- SQL Server configured with Geo Replication
- SSL Certificates
- Virtual Machines; FTP and remote development environment
- Azure administration and provisioning
- File System manipulation
- Script authoring/development
- System manipulation
- Classic Admin portal
- Modern Admin portal
- SharePoint Site admin
- Enterprise Search configuration
- Environment Provisoning and Configuration
- Information Architecture preparation
- Information Architecture configuration including (but not limited to)
- Site Columns
- Site Content Types
- Site Provisioning
- Term Store Administration
- Automated SharePoint tenant provisioning using
- Microsoft SPO cmdlets
- Open Source PnP cmdlets
- Automated Microsoft Teams provisioning
- Automated SharePoint Site provisioning and configuration including (but not limited to)
- Content Type Hub
- Team Sites
- Communications Sites
- Site administration
- API Wrapper Projects
- SharePoint APIs
- SharePoint Search API
- Shared Library development
- SharePoint Framework
- WebPart and Extension development
Employment Summary, Qualifications and Referees are available upon request.
Please contact me using any of the methods linked to this website.